(514-09-14) Sarum Summer Tourney Jousting Round 1
Summary: Knights face off in the first round of the joust
Date: 9-14-514
Related: Sarum Summer Tourney
joachim niclas mari idris perin catryn evae deryn aluksander cyndeyrn seraphina morwenna brynmor 


The open field south east of Sarum Castle itself, within the city walls, is designated for knightly activities. When the Keep grounds are too full, there is a number of knights that come here to train and practice. At times when Earl Robert hosts a tourney, this is the location of the lists. A slight rise of land to the north of this open field is usually a good place the main stand while to the west, just before the Farmer's Quarter is good place for pavilions. The grouns is worn here, two long rows where the tilts are and there are circles of trodden grass where knights duel each other in mock combat during training, or during challenges at tourney times. When no knights are present the commoner children not laboring at chores and jobs come here to practice with sticks.


It was Mari's turn for the joust.. she was still sore from the damage she had taken a month earlier, but there wasn't a chance she was going to back down from this match. She had put her name down and was determined she was going to at least give it a try. Definitely not a quitter. Wearing her reinforced chain with her blunted lance tucked against her, the helm in place on her head, the Woodborough knight is on her horse and she looks down nervously to her squire. Her first ride in her first tournament… The call is given, she spurs her horse and rides, lance out..

The tourney has started this morning, Inspection and pagentry of course came first. The Salisbury knights showed first as marshals inspected them, consulted with heralds on crimes and outstanding notches against honor. Each shield presented as it should be. Next where neighboring knights. Yes, some from Dorset even with border troubles are present. The journey gets under way right away following the parade of knights for the inspection.

The pairings are announced, knights sent for, pagentry still followed, growing more and more in the wake of Arthur. Sir Mari de Woodborough is called along with Sir Meurig de Littleworth, a notable knight of the northern region of Salisbury.

Large of stature, he didn't make it long in the tournament in Carlion, hoping to make more here. He rides forth at the call. When the field is clear and his opponent spurs, he does the same, slowly lowing his lance, hoping for a solid hit against the night he faces.

Success
Mari checked her lance of 15, she rolled 5.

Success
You make a check for Sir Meurig Lance at 16, you rolled 8.

Niclas rolls 6d6 and gets (3 3 1 4 6 3) for a total of: (20)

Failed.
Mari checked her horsemanship of 15, she rolled 18.

Mari rolls 1d6 and gets (2) for a total of: (2)

It seems Mari was at a disadvantage against the notable knight, she takes the hit from the lance and damned if when she tries to hold on with her legs to her horse, the one she had hurt before during the battle last month protests, the muscle damage still too much that she tumbles off that side of her horse to the ground, falling brokenly to the ground. As much as she tries to John Wayne it, she can't, she gets to her feet but at the first step on that leg, she falls again as a shaft of pain shoots through her. Her squire is there immediately, helping her make her way to the side, a salute given the judges booth and Littleworth himself.

Failed.
Mari checked her tourney of 2, she rolled 11.

Failed.
You make a check for Tourney for Littleworth at 7, you rolled 10.

Success
Niclas checked his awareness of 10, he rolled 2.

While he felt of little worth after the loss in Carlion, Sir Meurig does much better and lands a solid hit. Toppling his opponent, he lets his lance go for his squire to pick up and holds up a gloved hand. Maybe he should of saluted with his lance but he's content in the personal victory here. Then he realizes too late what he has done. His squire at least picked up the weapon and handed it to him. Which he then lifts to judges, marshals, then Sir Mari, and he rides off, unable to stop smiling for the moment.

The next up will be Sir Niclas de Horton vs Sir Jaochim de Newton. Sir Niclas had noticed the tilt with Sir Mari, his nerves are slightly rattled after the hit she took, but he take his lance tight knuckled, hoping to do better following her elimination. He goes to his side, lifts his lance and when the other is ready he rides hard for him, intent on being the victor.

Mari hadn't realized that Niclas was next and she hesitates on the side, watching Littleworth ride off a moment before turning her attention back to Niclas and his opponent. She leans heavily onto her squire, quiet, not verbally cheering for either one.

Idris steps into the grounds carrying a flag with him, and a horn. The knight of Bodenham, who came back from Norgales bearing a byname besides, smiles to his fellow marshals before he blows on the horn, watching the arena quietly. "Sir Joachim de Newton versus Sir Niclas de Horton!" He heralds, lifting a red flag as though to signal readiness, lowering it and turning it around to flash the black flag — the go sign.

Standing near Idris, Catryn watches the joust, grateful that he announces it. She's still not exactly at her prime since her second near death experience a little over a month ago and with the scar and soreness from the first time, she is just a mess. All battle scarred. Where's plastic surgery when you need it? Rolling her shoulders, the left one hitches a little, bringing a grimace. "Looks like a success so far. Littleworth did better than the last time." He nods towards the departing knight.

The younger brother of Gwion de Newton, Joachim is filling in for him while the heir is serving in Dorset. The tragedy that is to befall Gwion hasn't occurred yet, however Joachim cannot help but to have an uneasy feeling as he hears the pronouncement of his name. And that of whom he will be tilting against. The irony of the situation may be missed by Niclas de Horton, but as Joachim makes sure that the azure and purple of Lady Lydia's favor is secured to him, it is not lost on the young knight. "I had thought we would finally meet under more relaxed circumstance, Sir Niclas." the knight offers with a mild chuckle as he settles on his charger, the bright colors of Horton a stark contrast to the sable and argent of the Newton knight.

Glancing to his squire as he's handed and readied with his blunted lance, he settles in and bows his head in a quick prayer of Psalms before setadying himself in the saddle and gives a subtle nod of his head towards Sir Niclas before his knees dig into his charger and he spurs hard, lowering the lance into position as he rides down the arena to meet Niclas in a clash of wood on wood to metal.

Success
Niclas checked his lance of 10, he rolled 5.

Failed.
Joachim checked his lance of 13, he rolled 18.

Niclas rolls 6d6 and gets (6 6 2 4 2 3) for a total of: (23)

Failed.
Joachim checked his horsemanship of 15, he rolled 18.

Idris rolls 1d6 and gets (2) for a total of: (2)

Failed.
Niclas checked his tourney of 2, he rolled 17.

"Good. We'll get some interesting matchups, I'll bet," Idris nods once to Catryn, before stating, in passing: "I wish you speedy recoveries, Sir." With that said, he lifts the red flag again and points towards Joachim's side as the defeated party's with it.

Success
Niclas checked his modest of 13, he rolled 1.

As the other calls across to him, maybe he notices the favor. Niclas nods, "Aye, a cordial meeting would have been preferred." Then of course, he is close lipped and riding hard. That is his sister still the same. And while he'll probably like the guy just the same, he would of preferred to know more of him of course. So it is as a brother for a younger sister that he holds his lance tight against the other. As he finishes, and is still horse, he looks over his shoulder. "Yes!" He admits, a slight gloat. "Perhaps a good meeting, but a dinner would have been better sir." Then he pauses to realize he should face the judges. He does this, to salute as required. Then his modesty comes to mind and he turns to the other, "A good joust, I do look forward to getting to know you sir." Honesty there, that moment of protective brother washed over him.

Perhaps it was the distraction of no news from his brother. Perhaps it's just a bad day for a Newton. Whatever the reason, Joachim does not get his lance into the ready position fully and catches the blunt of Niclas' lance and is dehorsed. Landing solidly on his back, he sees the stars for a moment before he pushes himself to his feet and places his hand to his side. "With a protective brother as yourself, I would say Lady Lydia is in fair protection, aye." he admits. "Though your older brother did grant permission to ask for her favor." he admits, the Roman Christian knight is very much by the book as he reaches to take his charger's reins. "I would be honored to host you and yours at the Newton home, as we are closer to mine than yours."

With that, he turns to offer his salute, a slight smirk before he lowers his head, a prayer of thanks for the lesson in humility and to allow him to at least cast a favorable impression upon the older brother of Lydia de Horton. With that, he leads the horse away to get out of his gear so he can rest and continue to watch the matches.

Offering a salute in turn, Idris nods once to Niclas and lowers the flag, telling Catryn, "I will go write on the records about this match." He reaches out to squeeze her shoulder as he leaves.

As young Elusdan comes to get the lance from Sir Niclas, he turns to Sir Joachim. "I cannot pass up a meal sir, I second this notion." A grin coming to his lips then. "And look forward to it. Perhaps after the melee, we can celebrate another victory for Salisbury together." Then he too turns, to go with his squire and remove from his armor for the now. And look after Mari. "Thank you Sir Idris." He says to the Marshall.

Sir Perin has been quiet since the Wedding Tourney. Following that was the Battles of Sarum itself when the saxons invaded. That was a bad time for him, but things have gotten better, much better. As he's called to tilt, he pulls out a chain with a ring on it, a favor from Sir Evae. He kisses it, and then closes his eyes to sign the cross with it before tucking it away safely. He takes his lance and shield from Bren, his squire, before moving off to ready for the charge.

It's Gryg de Witchampton from Dorset who is called with the Steeple Langford knight. The Dorset sits ramrod straight in his saddle, a sneer on his face while managing to look more than a little condescending. He lift a gloved hand in front of him, palm up, then curls his fingers back and forth in a beckoning gesture. "Let's see if you can manage a fair fight." Getting the jab in before he takes up his helm, sliding it on then snatching his lance from his squire. Once prepared, he nudges his horse into action.

Success
Perin checked his lance of 15, he rolled 7.
Success
Catryn makes a check for Gryg de Witchampton lance at 13, she rolled 12.
Catryn rolls 6d6 and gets (5 2 4 2 5 6) for a total of: (24)
Success
Perin checked his merciful of 10, he rolled 9.
Perin rolls 1d6 and gets (2) for a total of: (2)

"Yes, we shall see how fair this is," mutters Perin, mostly under his breath. With a dead gaze, he keeps attention on the other knight. As the earth is trod, his lance lowers, glancing a blow off the shield of the other, his blunted tip pushed aside. The other knight, Sir Gryg of Dorset, keeps his tip solid against Perin's shield and instead of it sliding away, Sir Perin de Steeple Langford falls from his horse instead. Still he gets up and salutes the other and the judges. A nod even to Gryg, but no words of congratulations.

Standing on the sidelines, Evae watches the pairings, one after the other. When her squire approaches, she gives a smile, but her attention is on Perin out there. There's a reason that she's not out there competing herself and a hand slips down to the very slight curve of her belly. When Perin takes the fall, she flinches, waiting for him to get up. Only after he does, does she offer a sigh of relief. Threading through the crowds, she moves to meet him at his tent.

Failed.
Catryn makes a check for Gryg of Dorset tourney at 7, she rolled 18.
Success
Catryn makes a check for Gryg of Dorset awareness at 10, she rolled 2.

The first hit fells his opponent and the Dorset knight lifts his lance in celebration, a roar escaping his helm. He turns to the Salisbury knight, saying nothing, just watching him go, even catching sight of the lady that follows him. He watches with a speculative look for a long moment then rides off, taking the win, ready to move on to the next match.

His shield tossed down even in a bit of reckless behavior, Bren picks it up as he follows. Perin only focused on his tent. Then he sees her, standing there, his face tries to stay stern, but his eyes light up. Then he walks faster to scoop her into his arms. "Aye, could of done better. Perhaps my mind was on family instead of the joust. Its only a tourney." A grin from him then, uncharacteristic, "And there is you. Perhaps I shall do better with a bird on my arm."

Not even caring enough to look back at the Dorset knight, Evae watches him and can tell the exact moment when he sees her. As soon as he scoops her up, she folds her arms around him as good as she can with him in armor, and buries her face against his cheek. "It's only a tournament, there will be others. You looked good out there." The warmth in her eyes, the loving look, is complete and solid. "You will do better in falconry and if not, then we have lost nothing either way."

With his hand free of glove finally, Perin lifts it behind her head and holds her to his cheek. "I look forward to seeing you out there again." Pride in his own voice as she has calmed him from that moment of personal loss on the jousting field. "That will mean I am a father as well, but yes, to see you ride." Teasing even. He pulls back just a little to look into her eyes for the now. "And nothing lost, I have you, I have both of you." His hand lowers to her belly.

Evae makes no moves to pull away from him, content as she is in his embrace. Closing her eyes, she takes a deep breath, inhaling in the scent of his skin, the slightly woodsy smell he always carried around. Safe in his arms, she smiles to herself. "Nothing lost," she echoes again, "Though in the next tournament I get to participate, after the winter, perhaps in the spring, I hope to show off for you some."


Already ready already, a young knight sits atop his horse, jousting lance in hand as he waits on his opponent. When she arrives, he'll salute her, before lowering his lance and kicking his horse into the charge!

Failed.
Deryn checked her lance of 12, she rolled 16.
Failed.
Aluksander makes a check for Young Knight Lance at 13, he rolled 14.

When her name is called, Deryn takes up her lance from her squire, her horse nudged forwards. A salute to the knight at the other end of the field is made before she readies herself. With a kick to her horse, the lady knight is off, charging down the field towards the other knight. Her lance skitters off his shield as does his own, neither knight managing to truly score a hit on the other, nor knock one another off their horses. And so, she draws up her horse at the end of the field, turning him about, and preparing to make another charge.

Failed.
Deryn checked her lance of 12, she rolled 13.
Failed.
Aluksander makes a check for Young Knight Lance at 13, he rolled 14.

After the first tilt, the young knight was a little surprised, having been sure they would win easily. After the second tilt, they've grown quite serious, determining that Deryn must not be someone to trifle with! So, as he reaches the end of the row and turns around, he focuses that much harder on Deryn's shield, determined to unseat her!

Success
Aluksander makes a check for Young Knight Lance at 13, he rolled 7.
Failed.
Deryn checked her lance of 12, she rolled 13.
Aluksander rolls 4d6 and gets (4 6 4 4) for a total of: (18)
Failed.
Deryn checked her horsemanship of 14, she rolled 15.
Deryn rolls 1d6 and gets (4) for a total of: (4)

Surprised was Deryn as the second pass comes, and neither manages to get a good hit on the other, both remaining upon their horse's back. Back to the end of the field does she move, turning about once more to make another pass. Third time is a charm with the other young knight, for this time, his lance manages to find her shield straight on. And while she holds to her shield, the power behind the hit is just enough to send her off her horse, landing her on her backside in the dirt. Muttering a few curses beneath her breath as she finds her feet again, she raises a hand towards her squire to show she's fine. Gathering her shield, after a salute to the other knight, she heads off the field.


Alright, so now it's time for everyone's (except Aluksander's) favorite, the joust! … no, really, Aluksander /hates/ jousting. He just feels like a big target galloping towards his opponent. Besides, there's no real chance to dodge or gain advantage … it's all in how well you can balance a stick and absorb a hit. And he's not that great at either. But glory! So, he sits atop his horse, adjusting his helmet before pulling his lance out of the ground and saluting the old knight he'll face at the other end of the field.

Names are announced, Sir Aluksander de Pitton against an older knight, Sir Hugo de Whitehair. The old knight mounts his horse, his armor not in the best of shape, though it seems to do well enough for him. He's here, taking part in the tourney, after all! Helm placed on top of his head, he salutes the younger knight down the other end of the field from him, prepared for the moment the flag drops signaling time to charge.

Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 5.
Success
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 1.
Deryn rolls 4d6 and gets (3 6 4 1) for a total of: (14)

Hey, look at that! Aluksander actually manages to get his lance somewhat on target on the first pass! … not nearly as well as the older knight, though, and he absorbs the brunt of the blow on his shield. Frowning as he reaches the end of the row and turns around, Aluk takes a deep breath to try and steady himself before he charges back into the fight!

Failed.
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 19.
Failed.
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 19.

The older knight charges down the tilt, his lance aimed and actually gives a good hit. Yet, it would seem that Aluksander manages to keep to his seat, absorbing it all. It gains the man's attention, so when he turns again to face his opponent, he sets his lance, charging forth once more. This time, his lance wobbles just enough to hit the upper part of Aluksander's shield, causing the lance to slide off without doing much in the way of damage to either.

Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 17.
Success
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 1.
Deryn rolls 4d6 and gets (4 4 3 3) for a total of: (14)

On the second pass, Aluksander fails to even squarely engage the old knight, his blow glancing softly off of the elder knight's shield. Gritting his teeth and ducking his head a little, he finds also that the older knight's attack is lacking, and raises an eyebrow. As he turns around again, he looks down to check and make sure he's okay- obviously, he wasn't expecting to still be on his horse at this point. (Then again, nothing ever goes easy for me,)Oo. he thinks to himself, recalling the epic struggles he faced during the wedding tourney. Taking another deep breath, he readies another charge and gallops at the older knight, clenching his jaw in preparation for the inevitable blow.

Failed.
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 18.
Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 2.
Deryn rolls 4d6 and gets (1 4 5 6) for a total of: (16)

The older knight is likely giving Aluksander quite the look through his helm, seeing the young man still on his horse. A harder kick of his legs is given to the charger beneath him, one that has the horse bucking slightly with a loud neigh before taking off down the tilt. This time, the older knight manages to hit the young one square on his shield, and yet… when he turns about at the end, it is to find Aluksander STILL on his horse.

Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 13.
Success
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 4.
Deryn rolls 4d6 and gets (3 6 2 4) for a total of: (15)

Yup. Still on his horse. And still getting battered like the big target he complains about being while jousting. Lucky for him that he's able to absorb the majority of the punishment the knight is able to mete out. Not without wincing, but, nobody can see that behind his helm! There's not much else for him to do but charge back into the fray until someone is planted on their backside!

Success
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 4.
Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 16.
Deryn rolls 4d6 and gets (4 3 5 3) for a total of: (15)
Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 5.
Failed.
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 13.
Deryn rolls 4d6 and gets (1 1 6 5) for a total of: (13)
Success
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 5.
Failed.
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 19.
Aluksander rolls 4d6 and gets (5 5 3 1) for a total of: (14)
Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight horsemanship at 18, she rolled 3.
Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 5.
Success
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 2.
Deryn rolls 4d6 and gets (5 1 5 6) for a total of: (17)
Success
Aluksander checked his horsemanship of 10, he rolled 9.
Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 5.
Success
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 9.
Aluksander rolls 4d6 and gets (5 2 4 5) for a total of: (16)
Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight horsemanship at 18, she rolled 16.
Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 10.
Success
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 3.
Deryn rolls 4d6 and gets (4 6 3 5) for a total of: (18)
Success
Aluksander checked his horsemanship of 10, he rolled 5.
Failed.
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 19.
Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 9.
Deryn rolls 4d6 and gets (4 4 2 2) for a total of: (12)
Success
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 9.
Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 2.
Aluksander rolls 4d6 and gets (2 4 1 4) for a total of: (11)
Failed.
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 17.
Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 5.
Deryn rolls 4d6 and gets (6 4 5 1) for a total of: (16)
Success
Aluksander checked his lance of 10, he rolled 9.
Success
Deryn makes a check for Old Knight lance at 18, she rolled 10.
Deryn rolls 4d6 and gets (6 4 2 6) for a total of: (18)
Failed.
Aluksander checked his horsemanship of 10, he rolled 14.

The old knight doesn't know whether or not to be impressed with Aluksander's tenacity or to get grumpy that the fool knight doesn't know when to fall off his horse already!! If the spectators thought the earlier bout between Siani and the famous knight continues forever, then they might be surprised by this one.

There are many times when the hits come on strong enough to rock the older knight in his saddle, even once where it seemed it was rather close to him falling off, but somehow, he manages to hold on and continue to the end where he might adjust his position in the saddle. Lance is gripped tighter in hand, the sweat surely running down his face beneath the helmet worn. One last tilt to go, or so he hopes.

The lance is dropped, the charger kneed, and down the field Sir Hugo charges towards Sir Aluksander.

Aluksander rolls 1d6 and gets (1) for a total of: (1)

Tilt after tilt, Aluksander refuses to go down. He /is/ famously energetic, after all. He's also a tough sumovagun. But, he's not good at jousting. It's just a fact. And so, even though it takes 16 passes for it to be accomplished, eventually Aluksander is knocked from his horse. He lands with a loud crash and spread-eagles on the turf, just laying there. The crowd erupts in a loud cheer for someone finally being knocked from his horse, as it seemed as though perhaps no one would win. Eventually, though, the officials will come out and check on Aluksander to make sure he's still alive- which he is, just enjoying a brief reposte. At their behest, he forces himself up and towards his tents, simply clicking his tongue to get his horse to come clomping after him. The horse whinnies and bumps him in the back, almost encouragingly, but Aluksander just scoffs and waves at the horse. "/You/ weren't getting hit with a stick every time we rode past him," he responds to the beast, reaching up to take his helmet off. And, on his way by, he'll make sure to grab his lance to get it out of the way.


Success
Cyndeyrn checked his tourney of 10, he rolled 8.

Success
Brynmor makes a check for Cyndeyrn's Notable Knight's Lance at 16, he rolled 6.
Critical Success!
Cyndeyrn checked his lance of 15, he rolled 15.
Cyndeyrn rolls 12d6 and gets (3 4 3 2 1 1 2 1 3 1 5 3) for a total of: (29)
Success
Brynmor makes a check for Cyndeyrn's Notable Knight's Horsemanship at 16, he rolled 1.

Success
Brynmor makes a check for Cyndeyrn's Notable Knight's Lance at 16, he rolled 14.
Success
Cyndeyrn checked his lance of 15, he rolled 3.
Brynmor rolls 6d6 and gets (4 6 1 5 5 2) for a total of: (23)
Critical Fail!
Cyndeyrn checked his horsemanship of 15, he rolled 20.

Cyndeyrn arrives for the main tournament events, which begins with a short parade of the competitors in their full regalia and the presentation of their arms and helms. It seems that his squire has everything in order this time, and the Dinton knight approaches the judging stand when he is called in full regal posture, his arms held for all to inspect, a penant on his lance, and his own helm shined to perfection. Some time after, then, it is time for him to meet his first opponent - a somewhat better known knight. The pair square off on opposite sides of the lists, and on the first pass, the Dinton strikes a precise hit with his lance. Yet misfortune seems with him, as the weapon cracks and delivers relatively little impact with the blow, leaving the other man ahorse. Sadly, the young knight's would-be upset is then soon squashed as he is summarily dehorsed on the second pass. After landing heavily, his squire rushes over, and he is soon hauled off the field.


Success
Gaius makes a check for Sir Toc the Young Joust at 15, he rolled 7.
Failed.
Seraphina checked her lance of 14, she rolled 19.
Gaius rolls 6d6 and gets (6 6 4 6 1 6) for a total of: (29)

Seraphina is not late to the lists, but she has not been sitting around in the shadows like normal, for just before her name is called, she appears on Bex, with her squire walking beside them both. The ebony Knight is silent as always, her cloak around her shoulders and her helm in place as she leans down and takes the lance, testing it before giving a short nod and moving towards the left side of the joust.

As Sir Toc the Young takes the other side of the field. she salutes the other Knight and then readies for the charge. She moves Bex perfectly down the lane, but there is something about how the lance drops that makes it clear that this isn't going to go well for a moment later, Sir Toc's lance picks Seraphina up by the shoulder and tosses her to the ground with a crash.


Failed.
Gaius makes a check for Sir Felstar de Southwatch lance at 13, he rolled 17.
Failed.
Morwenna checked her lance of 15, she rolled 17.

Success
Morwenna checked her lance of 15, she rolled 13.
Success
Brynmor makes a check for Sir Felstar de Southwatch lance at 13, he rolled 9.
Morwenna rolls 6d6 and gets (1 1 5 1 6 3) for a total of: (17)
Failed.
Brynmor makes a check for Sir Felstar de Southwatch horsemanship at 10, he rolled 14.

While hardly the image of a tourney knight, Sir Morwenna, the family-less household knight of Wilton makes her own apperance among the lists, perhaps precisely because she has no family but her lord to represent, and will not see Lord Knight Earc too readily shown up! The woman appears in the lists in chainmail and absent her pagan hides and furs, but a touch of blue war paint is nonetheless visible under her eyes as the statuesque woman rides in holding her helm in her arm. When it is time for her first opponent, she sits ready on her favored white stallion, and raises her lance and shield, marked with her personal device, rampant unicorn upon a green field. Their first pass is inconclusive, both knights shying off at bad angles and failing to do more than graze one another's shields, but on the second, the warrior woman unhorses her young opponent with graceful ease.


Failed.
Brynmor checked his tourney of 5, he rolled 10.

Failed.
Cyndeyrn makes a check for Some Knight Dude's Lance at 13, he rolled 18.
Failed.
Brynmor checked his lance of 13, he rolled 14.

Unable to stifle a yawn even in the presence of his first opponent for the tournament season, Brynmor lifts a hand to, at the very least, cover at his mouth. He then impatiently beckons to his squire, Guffud, to hand him first, his helmet, which he then places atop his head, and then his lance. "Watch and learn, Guff." The confident Steeple Langford offers wise advice to the excited squire, who only nods his head firmly as he offers up a, "Yes, Sir, Sir Brynmor… Sir!" Guffud's enthusiasm sometimes gets the better of him!

Nevertheless, the pair of knights are ordered to take their positions and prepare themselves for this first tilt. For Brynmor, he often times doesn't understand why he even drags himself out of bed or out of anywhere for these events, but then he hears the cheering and chanting of his adoring fans. All of this, the adoration, the swooning young maidens on the sidelines, they all almost make up for his lack of a pillow and blanket at this very moment. Not that he has the time to think about any of this, when the sign is given and both he and his opponent, well his opponent heads out first, Brynmor was mildly distracted with his waving to his fanbase in the crowd. Eventually, he realizes that the word was given and thus he leans forward in his saddle wile Stone, his wild horse, is quite eager to close any distance between its valiant knight and their opponent! Still, in the end, this first pass comes up empty for both, forcing the pair of knights to steer their horses around and ready themselves for a second try.

Critical Success!
Cyndeyrn makes a check for Some Knight Dude's Lance at 13, he rolled 13.
Success
Brynmor checked his lance of 13, he rolled 8.
Cyndeyrn rolls 12d6 and gets (2 2 5 6 1 5 4 6 4 1 1 1) for a total of: (38)

Sir Brynmor de Steeple Langford isn't even sure which young knight can be found beneath that helmet and mail, nor has he paid attention to the announcement of the man's name nor his House colors. All that Brynmor knows is that he doesn't really want to be here and hopefully whoever his opponent is will feel the same way. Unfortunately, for the dashing Steeple Langford, his young opponent does feel the same way and wishing to hurry this event along, musters up all of his strength into a well placed blow that smashes against Brynmor's shield. Caught entirely by surprise, the solid impact of the mystery knight's attack easily forces the sleepy-eyed knight out of his saddle before he could even utter a complaint or insult, which he tends to do to his opponents when their matches take overly long. "Oof!" He groans, falling hard onto the ground.

Guffud knows what to do now and out he runs onto the field with a pillow and blanket for his fallen knight, "Sir Brynmor, I saw it all! I watched and learned! …So much." Perhaps, this was not the best display to learn from… and even as the young lad begins to tuck a comfortable pillow beneath Brynmor's head, a mean looking Marshall, probably a Bodenham, steps forward to chase them off the field in preparation for the next competitors on the list.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License