(514-06-20) Unnamed Feeling II: Vengeance
Summary: A group of knights (and a barmaid with a bow) catch up to Sir Sior and Sir Iorveth.
Date: June 20, 514
Related: Unnamed Feeling I: Hatred
tria bradwyn kamron arian dillion trystan 

And GMed by: (NPC)

sior 


The hunt for Sior takes the investigators to the north of Sarum, ahead of the Saxon armies, but just barely, as they chase after his trails following clues from the inhabitants of the manors of Porton, Boscone and Allington as they head south to Wilton in an attempt to preserve their families from the worst of the savages' aggression.

Finally, the latter family has provided a definite clue to Sior's whereabouts: that he and a sizable band of rogues kicked the Alligtons' rivals, the knights of Winterslow, out of their manor, after killing the vassal knight in a brutal duel.

Considering the emergency of the situation, and the unavailability of sizable forces that can be sent to bring this man to justice, the Earl has called upon the investigators and willing volunteer knights to do so.

Tria had done a little tracking and hunting herself and was pretty sure that she knew of his last whereabouts. Having passed the information on, she had volunteered to come along and assist any way she could, whether it be tracking, ranged combat or whatever it took. With her bow strung and within reach, her quiver over her back, she rides with the others, albeit slightly back, not keeping with the nobility so much.

Having heard word about the death of Sir Hadyn de Tisbury, and vowed to his sister to assist in justice, the six foot Idmiston knight Bradwyn managed to catch up to the investigators almost last minute, but his course is set and he is determined. Whether by his hand or another's the murderers are going to meet justice on the end of a blade.
Wearing his mail, shield in one hand and lance in the other, Bradwyn remains with the group on his charger, his sword at his hip and dirk at his back in case things go close quarters.

Kamron grits his teeth with every step away from Wilton and Sarum that the hunt takes them, but he rides straight in his saddle, upright and ready for trouble. When they get the definitive information, and begin to approach Winterslow, he calls his squire up and switches from his rouncy to his old, graying charger. "This villain has killed one innocent man already, but I do not mean to see him kill another." The Dinton wears his mail and carries his shield, but his helm is still in the uncertain hands of his gangly young squire. "I will hope that you will remain back, Mistress Tria. Although I would not begrudge the support of your bow if it comes to blows. It is my hope, however, that his madness has abated and he can be taken without it coming to violence." Despite the words, he is armed and armored, so perhaps he does not have the greatest faith that the murderer will come to justice without a struggle.

Arian de Laverstock joined the call as soon as it was heard. Armored and horsed, she rides alongside her fellow Salisbury knights in a quiet somber that remains mournful but alert. As Kamron speaks, the Pagan woman turns her gaze toward the Dinton. Her mouth thins, and she nods gently in agreement. "We should approach cautiously— allow him to decide." She casts a glance toward the other stoic knights present — and the Mistress Tria. She tightens her grip at the reins of her mulberry gelding, but that is the only sign of nerves visible around the young woman.

As for Tria, her only armor is leather and padded clothing. Nothing expensive, nothing amazing, but it helps a little. There's a nod to the noble, "I fully intend on remaining back, I have no desire to get into a situation I cannot get out of." Self-preservation being what it was. A bit of a flirty smile is tossed his way though. "I thank you for the concern." If she notices the tightening hand of the female knight, she doesn't indicate it, but she looks none less friendly when she looks at her as well.

Bradwyn has mostly been serious and silent, a bit odd for him, but then they did kill a knight who was almost like a brother to him. At the various words exchanged Bradwyn finally speaks up, mostly to Tria, "If you see an option feel free to plant arrows in any you can if this turns violent. Create a meadow for all I care. If this can be handled peacefully all the better." in a cold, serious tone. Yet he seems in control of himself and willing to give the vile one the chance to surrender to justice, but given his own arms and armor he likely expects that not to work the same as Kamron.

It was sheer coincidence, making his way home with many stops, that put young Sir Dillion and his grumbling, homesick squire in the path of the posse. He had not known the victims of this infamy, had only a rather vague idea of his ground, and in truth his knowledge of the justice of the situation amounts to "the Earl is on one side and these scoundrels on another." But that is more than sufficient. He rides in mail, with lance, sword, and the differenced Bishopstone arms on shield, not to mention his not-so-faithful young retainer bouncing on his little grey gelding and uttering dark works about trees and blood messing up his careful polishing.

Dillion himself rides in slightly withdrawn silence. There's no doubt about his horse's stride, straight into presumed danger. The man, though, does not look totally at his ease. He is young for his rank, and not well-known in these parts, surrounded by gallant strangers, plunging on in ignorance. The voice of prudence makes him look about slightly too quickly, and ride with his arms holding the reins too low, like he must snatch his blade at any moment.

It seems as though the entire manor has been purposed into a makeshift garrison: while Winterslow has never been all that well-to-do, they still counted on a prosperity typical to vassal knights. The Manor House is set in the traditional Cymric great hall style, made entirely of wood; wagons and the workhorses attached to them imply agricultural activity. For all intents and purposes, it seems as it has always been, with peasants working the fields and the daytime bustling with activity. But then one might take a look at their faces, the fear expressed in all but the most stoic (or perhaps blissfully unaware) of them.

Then they might take into account the half dozen armored men in critical sentinel spots throughout the manor. Often, they turn away from where they patrol to speak to another, though their demeanor is anxious, extremely guarded.

It is almost as though they are expecting a confrontation anytime soon.

Kamron glances about the group, nodding a little to Arian, "We will give them the option to come peacefully." His normally ebullient mood has been tamped down hard. Then again, he's hunting someone who slaughtered another knight and who may outnumber them, while Saxons rampage through Salisbury. There's not a whole lot to be exceedingly pleased about. Tria's smile draws a nod, but nothing more, and then he gives his reins a twitch, sending his charger forward at a walk, down toward the manor house. "Let's go see what this Sior has to say for himself, shall we?" And Iorveth as well, he hasn't forgotten that shield. The peasants receive polite nods intended to provide comfort, but the armed and armored men get a scowl, his features tightening into a frown. "I don't believe we will be able to approach unnoticed. I think any chance we have of a peaceful resolution will be through words." Still, the end of that statement lifts a little, turning it into a question.

Bradwyn looks over the defenders and says at a lower tone to Tria, "Huntress, think you could slip in to open the way with a distraction?" As he doesn't know the woman's name, so might as well go with what her attire suggests. As Kamron moves ahead Bradwyn spurs his horse a bit to close in and says, "I have some skill with words, what do you think to using the discussion as a distraction to give us an easier time getting into the manor if the worse happens? If they agree to surrender then all the better, if not then we are in a potentially advantageous position." Keeping his voice low as no knowing who here can be trusted, whether due to a lack of loyalty or out of a fear of the new 'Lords' over the promised justice of the new arrivals.

Catching sight of the manor, now a stronghold, Tria arches her brows. "A flaming arrow to the wood may get them out of there." Then again, she could burn the hell out of herself trying. A smile plays over her lips, she's no murderer, but she'd witnessed what happened to the Tisbury heir. A nod is offered to Kamron at his directions and she falls silent, but she does place a hand on her bow, ready to take it up if necessary. Hearing Bradwyn, she gives him a considering look. "Tria." The name offered simply. "I can give a distraction, sure, but they would just arm themselves quicker, I think." She looks to Kamron, somehow seeing him as the leader.

Dillion espies the armoured defenders, counts them off, counts them off again, tries to take mental account of those who must be hidden by geography or lurking within the manor. "Warned you, didn't I, riding off after common thugs, what would your late father think, God rest he?" murmurs Dillion's squire from behind, but at least the seditious swine has the wit to keep his voice very low, and Dillion the intelligence to ignore his nattering.

Instead he rides forward, to the impromptu council of war at the head of the file. Looking at Bradwyn, Kamron, and Tria in turn, Dillion listens to the former's suggestions and the latter's reply. "We're hardly likely to ride them down, lookout and all, before they can arm in any event," he says, quietly, to the crowd. "If we negotiate from strength, letting our righteousness shine through, maybe even playing at arrogance, though, they will think of us with either fear or scorn, and in either case a strike from the rear will hit treble hard." A simple idea, but offered in a steady voice, like by way of introduction.

Bradwyn looks to Tria with a nod and says, "Sir Bradwyn de Idmiston, paiged and squired to the Tisburys. I actually meant we are the distraction, you are the infiltrator. You are more lightly armored and as a huntress I'm assuming more stealthy as well." his voice still low, to try and keep any plans among the group only. He makes no attempt to take action on his own, Kamron seems to have been appointed the leader by Robert or someone in authority, so Bradwyn will follow suit, but he can still offer ideas. He then nods as Dillion contributes and says, "If the huntress Tria is capable of getting behidn them while their attention on us during out discussion, it would place an archer behind their lines. Between her and ourselves we should be able to at least reduce the numbers by the time the alarm is sounded. However if such a plan is to be attempted we need to hurry, the closer we draw the harder it will be for the huntress to slip away without notice."

When word came down to Laverstock that assistance was needed and Arian answered the call, Trystan was soon to follow behind, once he'd given orders regarding his own manor and the running of it. And so Sir Trystan will arrive a bit after the others, approaching the now forming impromtu council of war at a slow trot on his horse. He doesn't speak up just yet, instead he moves his horse off towards his cousin Arian, slowing once he is within a few yards of her and Kamron.

He nods once to the pair of them, but remains silent for the moment, as they've already begun to discuss plans and he isn't going to interjuect just yet.

Success
Tria checked her awareness of 10, she rolled 2.
Failed.
Kamron checked his awareness at 9, he rolled 10.
Failed.
Bradwyn checked his awareness of 10, he rolled 18.
Success
Arian checked her awareness of 10, she rolled 6.
Failed.
Trystan checked his awareness of 10, he rolled 11.
Success
Dillion checked his awareness of 10, he rolled 1.

There were six men on patrol at present, though two recede into the great hall for whatever reason, the other four standing more apart from the other, doing their best to cover four corners of the immediate surroundings.

Those with the keen senses to do so notice that no more movement comes from the great hall, and in fact, the sound of something scraping on wood can be heard from without the door. Is it locked?

The occupied manor draws Arian's lips thin, and she glances over toward the other knights present with a slight tilt of her head. She listens quite dutifully to the others as they discuss the possible chances and opportunities. "I'm uncertain about placing Mistress Tria behind the lines without back-up." Then she looks to Trystan, offering her cousin a small smile and nod before her gaze returns to the manor. Then her lips thin even more, making her expression quite severe. "They know we are here… they've reduced the guards, and I think the door has just been secured."

Kamron shakes his head slightly at Bradwyn's words, "I want to draw them out. Where we will have the advantage of being mounted, Sir. If we go into the manor, we're on the same ground as the blackguards." Tria's words also get the same frown, "If we burn the manor, it will take years for the rightful owners to rebuild. What do you say, Mistress, can you get on a roof where they cannot reach you?" Nodding slowly at Dillion, he nods, "Do you think you and your squire could get behind them without being seen? If so, I think that's a great idea." Trystan gets a slow nod as the Knight of Laverstock approaches. The disappearance of the two men into the manor causes him to beckon to his squire for his helmet, "I think we've been spotted, sirs I think it is time to see if we can call them out, unless anyone has any complaint."

Tria eyes the buildings, her horse tall enough to assist, but it would give her a vantage point and perhaps she would only have to dodge other arrows and not swords or spears. "I think I could manage that," she offers to Kamron, but the ideas from the others get her attention as well, and she nods. "I can ride around to the back with him," she inclines her head towards Dillion and his squire, "Then break off and get on the roof." Basically, agreeing to Kamron's idea.

Dillion is among those who picks up on the change in guard, and he opens his mouth just in time to nod at Arian's appraisal of the situation. He shifts on his horse, looks down at the changed posture, gives the manor an appraising if inexpert look. "Perhaps they're planning something, but for now we could defeat the guard in detail. They are spread out." A quick glance at Kamron, then back at his squire. "Sir, we shall certainly give it a go. We shall move to the flank and await battle or signal."

Bradwyn notes the change in guards as the words of Arian points them out and then looks to Kamron saying, "I meant to have them come out to investigate the reduced numbers, leaving them on our terms. But as they seem to be securing the doors, the plan is pointless now, they know we are here, they will be watching us from windows, Huntress Tria will never get into position unnoticed, which removes the advantage I sought. The question is now how much we wish to appeal to reason or to fear and intimidation. As the latter I might prove the better distraction. I have my way with words when pressed, but my size, especially on horseback might intimidate enough. Especially as Sir Hadyn was almost like a brother to me. If reason is favored then whoever is best suited of those here."
Then to Dilion "Those outside are reduced in number, attacking them shouldn't be an issue for our numbers. The manor is the issue, if it is true they have locked the doors, getting them out is the problem and that is also what I sought to avoid using the huntress, unfortunately we are too late for such methods. We need to figure out an alternative of getting them out, or another way in learned from the locals in case a challenge isn't enough to draw those within out."

Sior rolls 1d20 and gets (6) for a total of: (6)

Arian draws out her sword with a soft hiss of metal to leather. She holds it steadily while she adjusts her shield. "I second— or third as it were— Sir Dillion's idea. But, we must go now if we intend to go at all." She casts the other knights a look, and her knees tighten around the strong middle of the gelding.

Horses are brought out slowly, two palfreys, two chargers. Likely stolen from the manor's stables, but the 'guards'. They mount the steeds and start riding out, in formation, it seems.

They seem to be about as armored as regular knights, but their chainmail is of lesser quality, perhaps stolen or looted from heirlooms. Whether their own or someone else's, it is hard to know. They all look young, however, so perhaps they might have been squires not too long ago.

As their horses go from ambling to gallopping, one thing becomes clearer to the knights and the huntress: they are heading in their direction. And if peaceful intent would have been otherwise asserted, one is to think again: they draw their swords, revealing the intent to engage them in combat.

Bradwyn notices the charge and says, "Talking is out, swords drawn, If you have lances join for a charge, those without follow with swords for a second wave, Huntress target those you can." as he moves to form a lance charge, unless he is ordered otherwise he plans to lead the lance charge.

Kamron straightens in his saddle at Dillion's suggestion, "Done and done. I would like to give them one chance to surrender, but I think that defeating them in detail is an excellent idea — " And then the four are gathering up from their scattered locations and getting their horses and riding out, and Kam shakes his head, drawing his axe, "It looks that they've stolen a march. At them." Raising his voice, he calls out, "Surrender now to the justice of Earl Robert. This will be your only warning."

Trystan may have refrained from giving input on the plan, but now that armed and armored men come riding out and soon down upon them. In response, Trystan unsheathes his own sword as well. The sound of leather on steel is easy enough to recognize. He didn't bring a lance, so instead he'll wait back and then ride in with the others for the second wave.

He draws back on the reigns and then gets his horse into formation. Of those riding down upon them, he seems to take note of one in particular. He looks rather Curly-ish.

Success
Dillion checked his lance of 15, he rolled 14.
Critical Fail!
Sior makes a check for Shemp Sword vs Dill at 7, it rolled 20.
Dillion rolls 6d6 and gets (1 4 1 2 1 6) for a total of: (15) (-10 Mail=5 Damage)
Success
Sior makes a check for Shemp Horsemanship at 10, it rolled 6.

The time for clever strategems, it seems, has passed. "Ballick, my lance!" Dillion cries, and there's his squire, thrusting it into his outstretched hand. A kick to his horse's flank and he's back on the advance, bringing his shield up, and as he's near Bradwyn anyway it is logical to make for the same mark. As the dirty business approaches the squire's murmuring die down to the point where even he can't hear them, a recitation out of old habit rather than real grumbling. "God and King Arthur!" he cries, riding forward, quickly spurring to the charge. He said 'negotiate from a position of strength' and he meant it: Kamron's call to surrender will sound much more convincing with a few of their friends dead upon the turf.

Success
Tria checked her bow of 15, she rolled 14.
Tria rolls 3d6 and gets (5 6 1) for a total of: (12) (-10 Mail=2 Damage)

The decision is taken from Tria as to what she would do when the attack comes at them, instead of the other way around. She nocks an arrow and draws back on the string, watching the archer in the distance. A half smile plays over her lips as she looses it towards the threat against them. One of the threats anyway.

Success
Bradwyn checked his lance of 13, he rolled 12.
Failed.
Sior makes a check for Shemp Sword vs Brad at 8, it rolled 19.
Bradwyn rolls 5d6 and gets (5 3 4 4 2) for a total of: (18) (-10 Mail=8 Damage)
Success
Sior makes a check for Shemp Horsemanship at 10, it rolled 7.

Bradwyn gives no mind to the call for surrender, after all they are attacking first, they aren't goign to give up that easy. So comes the charge of a six foot man on horseback, lance striking home hard and fast from the charge, yep that is going to hurt even if the rider does remain mounted for now, then the poor fool takes a hard hit from Dillion as well as Bradwyn drops his lance, it can be recovered later or he will fall and have no need. Either way he draws his sword to turn about to engage once more.

Failed.
Kamron checked his axe at 15, he rolled 16.
Success
Sior makes a check for Moe Sword at 15, it rolled 3.
Sior rolls 4d6 and gets (3 4 5 1) for a total of: (13) (-12 Reinforced Mail -3 Chivalrous=0 Damage)
Critical Fail!
Kamron checked his horsemanship at 13, he rolled 20.
Kamron rolls 1d6 and gets (5) for a total of: (5) (2 damage after Chivalrous)

So, about that 'negotiate from strength' thing. Kamron rides out toward the oncoming rogues, standing in his stirrups to get good power from his axe-blow. Before he can bring it down, however, he takes a sword-point to the chest. It doesn't penetrate his armor, drawing a heavy bruise through the padding beneath immediately. It also unbalances him, sending him tumbling out of his saddle and bouncing once before he comes to a halt in the dust of the road.

Failed.
Arian checked her sword of 15, she rolled 19.
Success
Sior makes a check for Larry Sword at 15, it rolled 1.
Sior rolls 4d6 and gets (1 2 6 4) for a total of: (13) (- 12 Reinforced Mail=1 Damage)
Failed.
Arian checked her horsemanship of 10, she rolled 15.
Arian rolls 1d6 and gets (3) for a total of: (3)

Arian knees her mulberry gelding into the fight. The scarred horse is confident, but something has Arian uncertain as they charge forward. She cannot seem to get her pace down as she heads into the chaos, and then she finds her shield jarred with an incoming sword strike. Her gelding rears up slightly, and she loses her grip on her reins. She collapses down into the dirt with a solid slam of armor to dirt. Blaze dances nervously around her, careful to not step on his fallen rider. She hears a similar crash close by, and turns her head to notice Kamron. Her eyes widen, and she is quickly starting to pull herself up to defend her fallen amor.

Success
Trystan checked his Sword of 15, he rolled 12.
Failed.
Sior makes a check for Curly Sword at 15, it rolled 17.
Trystan rolls 5d6 and gets (6 4 3 2 4) for a total of: (19) (-10 Mail=9 Damage)
Critical Success!
Sior makes a check for Curly Horsemanship at 10, it rolled 10.

Not much time for formation now, so Trystan rides off towards the oncoming brigands. Kamron and Arian going down off their horses only seems to enrage Trystan and as he speeds his horse up to a gallop he brings his sword down in an over the head sweep at Curly. The blade clashes into Curly's armor, scoring crimson blood witht he strike, though not enough of a wound to take him off his horse.

The oncoming attack from Curly isn't as well aimed and Trystan was able to move his head out of the way before it landed. Trystan rides past him and starts to wheel around for another pass. "Cos, you alright down there?" he yells out to Arian.

While Tria's arrow does hit the intended target, it tags the knight fighting Kamron on the arm, who unhorses the Salisbury knight by a swift slash from the side, drawing his attention to her briefly as he wheels around on his mount to attack the Dinton.

Arian's opponent and her exchange a blow, and she is unhorsed, but mostly unhurt. He wheels around after some distance and swings at her once he is close enough, trying to take advantage of his dismounted foe.

Trystan's enemy is caught by surprise by his strike, as it bites into chain and blood is drawn. He remains on his saddle, however, to engage the knight in combat.

Bradwyn and Dillion's combined efforts manage to tag the enemy rider twice, injuring him badly despite the armor. Steady on his horse, however, he tries to continue to do battle with both.

Success
Tria checked her bow of 15, she rolled 7.
Tria rolls 3d6 and gets (4 6 4) for a total of: (14) (-10 Mail)

Success
Trystan checked his sword of 15, he rolled 3.
Critical Fail!
Sior makes a check for Curly Sword at 15, it rolled 20.
Trystan rolls 5d6 and gets (1 6 1 3 5) for a total of: (16) (-10 Mail=6 Damage)
Success
Sior makes a check for Curly Horsemanship at 10, it rolled 7.

Critical Success!
Bradwyn checked his sword of 15, he rolled 15.
Success
Sior makes a check for Shemp Sword vs Brad at 15, it rolled 1.
Bradwyn rolls 10d6 and gets (6 2 5 2 5 3 4 3 1 4) for a total of: (35) (-10 Mail=25 Damage)

Bradwyn turns and shouts, "For Hadyn!" and come sin sword first as the poorest bandit is lifted from his horse, or is only half his body is lifted leaving the other half behind in the saddle?

Critical Success!
Arian checked her sword of 15, she rolled 15. (-5 Knockdown -5 Mounted Foe=Failure)
Success
Sior makes a check for Larry Sword at 15, it rolled 4.
Sior rolls 4d6 and gets (6 4 4 2) for a total of: (16) (-12 Reinforced Mail=4 Damage)
Success
Arian checked her dex of 15, she rolled 14.

Dillion's charge is a good one, though it could hardly fail to be with Shemp reeling from Bradwyn's skill, and again a lance slams into the ruffian, enemy sword swinging by harmlessly and lending Dillion the refreshment of a cool breeze during hot work. "Ballick! Ballick!" he calls, tossing his pink-tipped lance to the grass, turning his horse who tosses his head with pleasure. A reasonably successful pass does marvels to calm the nerves.

Failed.
Dillion checked his sword of 13, he rolled 14.

The squire gives more shocked sounds, up all night cleaning he will be, but Dillion already has his sword unsheathed. "We will soon have this mongrel unseated," he shouts, and he's right, for Bradwyn's mighty swordsmanship makes Dillion give a cry of delight. He picks a follow-up, raises his sword high, keeps his shield true, rushes at Larry, who seems to have a knight unhorsed and could use a prick.

Success
Kamron checked his axe at 15, he rolled 1. (-5 Knockdown=Success)
Success
Sior makes a check for Moe Sword at 15, it rolled 8.
Sior rolls 4d6 and gets (4 5 5 5) for a total of: (19) (-12 Reinforced Mail -6 Shield -3 Chivalrous=0 Damage)
Success
Kamron checked his dex at 13, he rolled 9.

Kamron gets his shield up in time to face his opponent's blow, taking the sword on the painted leather of his shield. He's helped, of course, by the fact that his opponent is on the ground now. Forcing himself back to his feet, he shoves back at the other man with his shield, trying to get enough space to actually fight. The two arrows sticking out of his opponent are surprising, and he has time to glance around, frowning as he looks for Arian, only to find her on the ground as well. Energy surges through his body, and he forces himself forward.

Success
Arian checked her sword of 15, she rolled 8. (-5 Mounted Foe=Success)
Failed.
Sior makes a check for Larry Sword at 15, it rolled 19.
Arian rolls 4d6 and gets (1 2 2 2) for a total of: (7) (-10 Mail=0 Damage)

Arian cannot get her shield into place quick enough to take the majority of the strike against the fallen Arian. She gasps in shock as the sword slices through her mail, drawing blood. Her nerves scream, but she manages to tamp down the pain as she focuses on getting to her feet. She staggers backwards, trying to widen the berth between her and Larry's horse. She adjusts the grip of her sword, preparing to strike at Larry. She succeeds in striking at his legs, but it hardly phases the armored and horsed knight.

Failed.
Dillion checked his reckless of 10, he rolled 12.
Failed.
Dillion checked his prudent of 10, he rolled 14.
Failed.
Dillion checked his sword of 13, he rolled 16.

Dillion's swordsmanship on horseback could, apparently, use work. He rides down at Larry, at speed, takes a swing, and neatly sweeps his blade above the enemy's head as he concentrates on fighting Arian. Biting his lower lip and mastering his impatience he turns for his second pass, and really he has no excuse but to make contact, with Arian harrying his legs. So he'll have to think of something, as he cuts it a little too fine, tries to remove Larry's swordarm at the shoulder, and settles for bisecting a couple oxygen molecules next to him.

"Oh, sir," Dillion's squire Ballick grunts with obvious opprobrium.

Success
Kamron checked his axe at 15, he rolled 3. (-5 Mounted Foe=Success)
Success
Sior makes a check for Moe Sword at 15, it rolled 2.
Kamron rolls 4d6 and gets (2 3 6 5) for a total of: (16) (-10 Mail=6 Damage)
Failed.
Sior makes a check for Moe Horsemanship at 10, it rolled 12.

Now back on his feet, Kamron takes the fight to his foe, slamming him with his shield and arcing his axe up and over the top of the shield to crunch down into the top of the villain's left shoulder. Aching though his ribs are from the fall off the back of his charger, he calls out, "It does not have to be like this. If you lay down your arms, you will be given justice. If you keep fighting, you will find only vengeance." He might allow a worthy foe back up to his feet, but not someone who was party to murder and a despoiler of manors, and so the Dinton presses his attack even as Bradwyn comes sweeping by on horseback to tag the ruffian too. Zzzzt… and then there's another arrow flashing through his field of vision, and his opponent isn't getting up. He doesn't hesitate then, gesturing to Bradwyn toward where the still-mounted Laverstock fights, "Help Sir Trystan." And then he's turning to where Arian and Dillion are fighting a foe. His squire is in charge of running down his charger so that he can mount up later.

Success
Tria checked her bow of 15, she rolled 7.
Tria rolls 3d6 and gets (6 4 4) for a total of: (14) (-10 Mail=4 Damage)
Failed.
Sior makes a check for Moe Uncon at 7, it rolled 17.

Fwoosh, another arrow strikes her target, and the man is pretty damaged so Tria seeks out another target, the one on the female knight. A frown, "Bullies, oafs.." she grumbles as she draws back and looses another arrow, this time at a different target. Once more it hits, but doesn't seem to do much damage to him as he continues. She remains on her horse and backs up just a little even as she reaches for another arrow, so she can keep the required distance between herself and that bully of a man, Larry.

Success
Bradwyn checked his sword of 15, he rolled 1.
Bradwyn rolls 5d6 and gets (4 1 2 3 4) for a total of: (14)

Bradwyn is able to pick a new target, the one who has Kamron on the ground, and moves in to assist and with a hard blow and a flying arrow another bandit goes down as the tall Idmiston looks about and moves to engage the bandit that appears to be suffering not a single wound. This cannot be allowed all must bleed for the life taken! The order is given to assist Trystan, and Bradwyn looks to alter course once more, but then Curly goes down giving Trystan a distinct advantage. Thinking about it for a moment he calls out, "Trystan has the high ground, the others seem unable to hit their target!" to Kamron and then moves his horse to target the seemingly uninjured Larry as he moves to engage.

Success
Trystan checked his sword of 15, he rolled 11.
Success
Sior makes a check for Curly Sword at 15, it rolled 3.
Trystan rolls 5d6 and gets (4 1 3 5 3) for a total of: (16) (-10 Mail=6 Damage)
Failed.
Sior makes a check for Curly Horse at 10, it rolled 15.
Sior rolls 1d6 and gets (6) for a total of: (6)
Critical Success!
Sior makes a check for Curly Uncon at 7, it rolled 7.

Once more, Trystan meets Curly as they ride past eachother. He doesn't need to bother with dodging this time around, the ill-timed blow from Curly has the brigand nearly running into Trystan's blade. It's only a quick thrust for Trystan to pierce Curly's chainmail on his flank. Once more the hit scores blood, but Curly manages to stay mounted still. While he is uninjured, Trystan is definitely annoyed as he rides past, "Surrender or die, you fiend, but pick one already!" he shouts out at Curly before wheeling his horse back around on him and charges once more.

This time, their swords clash and lock. As their horses start to stamp and shove, Trystan is able to unlock his blade and slash it across Curly's chest. Curly is unseated, falling to the ground with another bloody wound. And yet still he seems to be moving still.

Success
Arian checked her sword of 15, she rolled 2.
Failed.
Sior checked its Larry Sword of 7, it rolled 19. (Skill Split)
Arian rolls 4d6 and gets (1 4 1 4) for a total of: (10) (-10 Mail=0 Damage)

Arian manages to right herself, and feels a bit of vindication when Larry is unhorsed and in the dirt. She approaches the fallen Knight, shield finally readied and sword held strong. She attacks outright, though her sword just scrapes across his armor instead of actually drawing the same blood he drew from her. Her own mail is red, though it is more of an oozing than an actual wound of concern — yet at least. Her adrenaline dulls the pain.

Failed.
Kamron checked his axe at 15, he rolled 16. (+5 Mounted=Success)
Success
Sior makes a check for Larry Sword at 15, it rolled 3.
Kamron rolls 4d6 and gets (6 5 1 3) for a total of: (15) (-10 Mail=5 Damage)
Failed.
Sior makes a check for Larry Dex at 11, it rolled 13.

Frustration flits across Kamron's face within his helmet as Bradwyn cuts off his route to the enemy facing Arian, but he grits his teeth, looking up as his squire Newt comes riding in with his charger in trail. The knight hauls himself into the saddle, then turns the horse's head toward Trystan and his foe, slamming his axe down into the back of the man's head to get his anger out. "Nicely done, Sir Trystan. He had five men with him in Sarum."

Success
Bradwyn checked his sword of 15, he rolled 1.
Failed.
Sior makes a check for Larry Sword at 8, it rolled 14. (Skill Split)
Bradwyn rolls 5d6 and gets (6 1 1 3 2) for a total of: (13) (-10 Mail=3 Damage)

Bradwyn sweeps in with a slash to Larry, his horse moving on to open a space calling out as the other combatant goes down, "Keep riding past, swords ready to cut him down!" Perhaps intending to give others the chance to engage the final opponent as well, whether others are able to engage with the tactic or not is another matter but at least he has left an opening for others.

Success
Dillion checked his merciful of 10, he rolled 8.
Success
Dillion checked his sword of 13, he rolled 4.
Dillion rolls 4d6 and gets (2 5 2 4) for a total of: (13) (-10 Mail=3 Damage)

Dillion is pious enough for his dissatisfied mutterings to be invocations rather than blasphemies. His shorse side-shuffles by instinct as Larry is unseated, and Dillion's arm is already coming around to make its stroke in the melee. For once it is an accurate one, though his enemy is falling away from the blow under the hail of strikes from half the chivalry of Salisbury, and while he broaches his foe's armour he doesn't do much more than lay an unpleasant but hardly disabling slash along the thug's side.

"Yield, sir, yield!" Dillion cries from instinct, his sword high but holding back.

The one surviving knight, well, other than the one currently collapsed in a pile of his own blood on the ground, drops his weapon as he lies on his back, lifting his hands in the universal sign of surrender. "Please, spare me!"

Truth be told, said 'knight' could not be older than twenty, and if he earned his spurs this early, he must be precocious, indeed.

Tria lowers her bow, slowly relaxing her draw on the string when she hears the surrender, it's not her place to make the call whether to accept or decline the request, so she leaves it to the higher ups. The bow is still in her hands, mind you, but the tension is gone. Instead of looking towards the downed men, she looks towards the manor itself to see if any more would be forthcoming.

With Curly downed, Trystan slows his horse and nods to Kamron once, "Thank you, Sir Kamron." Not that he didn't have Curly in hand. Though it took longer than expected, he had the high ground. And then there is a surrender and Sir Trystan looks over towards the man, then to the others, "Now that the easy part is done…" he offers quietly and trots his horse over to the others.

Arian takes in a deep breath, and she slings her shield so she can finally reclaim Blaze's reins. She pulls the charger in closer to her, brushing her knuckles across his shoulder before she pulls herself back into the saddle. She feels a dull ache settle in over her, and she narrows her eyes at the supposed Knight. She says nothing about his surrender, and whether or not they should take it, but she apparently holds a small grudge.

Kamron gestures to the yielding man with his bloodied axe, "Newt, you squires take hold of this one, and any of the others who still live." His helmet turns to Arian a moment as she gets back to her horse, but he does not comment, not here in front of everyone else. "And now on to the manor." Urging his horse forward, toward the great hall, he raises his voice, doing his best to ignore the twinge of pain in his ribs as he shouts, "Sior! Iorveth! We are here at the behest of Earl Robert de Salisbury. Come out and surrender… or come out and and die."

Failed.
Dillion checked his recognize of 7, he rolled 10.

With the surrender issued and seemingly accepted Bradwyn turns his horse about to trot up to the others and asks, "Plans for the manor itself? I agree burning it down would only make it harder for the rightful Lords." If there are any left, if not then it will go to whoever the Earl chooses, either way better the manor remain intact if possible. "We could attempt to use one of the horses to kick down the door, but depending how well it is barred that could take a long time, if it can ever be done. Seems he doesn't expect them to come out any time soon, and seeks an alternative plan just in case. Course if they do come out, surrendering or fighting all the easier, "If they won't come out, could we perhaps attempt to remove some of the thatching and slip in through the roof?" His voice lowered the entire time so those within hopefully don't hear.

Once Larry has surrendered, and likely has been detained by a squire's length of rope or similar, then it is time to face the Manor House. For all intents and purposes, not a single thing has changed since the two guards have entered the building.

The activity in the village itself has stopped since the fighting started, the small folk either running to their homes or hiding in spots they have known since their childhood.

However, the stillness of the place seems odd, out of place as Kamron rides his horse towards the great hall, nary a living soul in sight, save for a bloodied young woman who sits on the floor, and the corpse of a man who must have, undoubtedly, been a guard.

Success
Bradwyn checked his awareness of 10, he rolled 3.
Success
Arian checked her awareness of 10, she rolled 6.
Success
Dillion checked his awareness of 10, he rolled 2.
Critical Success!
Trystan checked his awareness of 10, he rolled 10.
Failed.
Kamron checked his awareness at 9, he rolled 19.
Failed.
Tria checked her awareness of 10, she rolled 16.

"Well fought, sir," says Dillion to Arian as she re-horses. Well, armour is androgynizing and all that. The young night is in fine fettle, meeting his squire with his lance, but waving him away and sticking to his arming sword for the probable close-quarters fight in the manor. Back towards the party of knights, none-too-badly-mauled for the slaughter of two and capture of two armoured guards, but he soon spots something - though not enough - amiss.

"Speed, sir!" Dillion says to Kamron, pointing with his sword towards the two fighters coming in from the flanks. "Our own tactics against us; let us stick together and ride down the pair!"

While two of the four ambushers are spotted by other, Trsystan also notes Sior and Ivoreth also charging in for an ambush. "We are being flanked from both sides! Spread and meet them head on!" And with that, Trystan rides over towards Kamron, as he sees one of the Ambushers' (Sior) riding right for him, "Sir Kamron, on your right!" Once more his sword is drawn, though that will do him less good as one of them has a lance. Let's hope the lancer bearing rider picks out someone else.

As the knights get closer, it becomes obvious that one half of the second raiding group is charging faster than the other, bearing a lance as he lets out a shout, ready to collide with the enemies. Iorveth, unlike the four horseman they had fought before, is fully kitted out in a knight's equipment, newer chainmail, shield, and the knightly tools of the trade.

And so is Sior, though he has chosen to draw his sword instead of a lance, perhaps due to a lack of one. The iron rings out as slides out of his scabbard and he points it forward, his feet pressing against the flank of the mount to lead him to his intended target more quickly. The one by the door, Kamron.

The other flanking group consists of a spearman and a swordsman, both fully outfitted knights as well, though evidently the spearman must make some sacrifices to wield that weapon of his.

No time to recover his lance from the ground, Bradwyn turns about to face the murderers and calls out, "Huntress target the lancer! Any others not engaged with me!" as he charges towards Iorveth, time to prove how well you can take a hit human giant…

Success
Kamron checked his axe at 15, he rolled 5.
Success
Sior checked its sword of 23, it rolled 19. (Skill Split:13=Failure)
Kamron rolls 4d6 and gets (4 5 6 4) for a total of: (19) (-12 Reinforced Mail=7 Damage)
Success
Sior checked its horsemanship of 18, it rolled 12.

Kamron starts to turn to follow Dillion, "As you say — " and then Trystan calls out, and Kamron turns his helmet quickly enough to see a knight frighteningly close. Spinning his charger in place to face the incoming knight, he calls out, "Sior!" No 'sir' for him, not with the anger rippling through his voice, "The Earl's Justice," And then there's a slam of impact between swords, axes, and shields, "awaits you!" Kamron comes through the first clash with some leather and paint scraped off his shield, but his axe comes back bloody, and he maneuvers to try to get on the opposite side of the man from Trystan.

Failed.
Trystan checked his sword of 15, he rolled 19.
Success
Sior checked its sword of 23, it rolled 19. (Skill Split:10=Failure)

Trystan gets his horse to move around to Sior's other side, giving Kamron room to move. The effort of getting his horse moved so quickly means his slash at Sior is quick and poorly timed. Still, Sior's attack goes wide of him as well, so no harm no foul. Yet. Trystan gets his horse into position so he's flanking Sior with Kamron on the other side.

Success
Arian checked her sword of 15, she rolled 9.
Success
Sior makes a check for Cledwyn Sword at 18, it rolled 5.
Arian rolls 4d6 and gets (5 5 2 2) for a total of: (14) (-12 Reinforced Mail -6 Shield=0 Damage)
Success
Sior makes a check for Cledwyn Horsemanship at 16, it rolled 10.

As the criminal knights ambush, Arian is quick to ride after Dillion for support. She did not immediately hear the cry from Trystan about the other two knights, but she is already crossing swords with Cledwyn when she realizes that Kamron and Trystan are taking on Sior. She tightens her jaw, but focuses on her own knight. She twists her horse around, opening up a chance to wound the knight.

Success
Sior makes a check for Iorveth Lance at 15, it rolled 6.
Failed.
Bradwyn checked his sword of 15, he rolled 16.
Sior rolls 6d6 and gets (3 3 2 6 5 3) for a total of: (22) (-12 Reinforced Mail=10 Damage)
Failed.
Bradwyn checked his horsemanship of 15, he rolled 18.
Sior rolls 1d6 and gets (4) for a total of: (4)

Bravery, boldness, self-sacrifice, stupidity… Whatever the motivation Bradwyn charges in to face Iorveth and his spear directly, the six foot Idmiston takes the impact from the lance and is sent off his horse, hitting the ground hard, but the fun of pumping adrenaline, he lays dazed a moment, but he can get up again when he finds breath.

Failed.
Dillion checked his sword of 13, he rolled 16.
Critical Success!
Sior makes a check for Ed Spear at 15, it rolled 15.
Sior rolls 8d6 and gets (1 4 4 5 2 3 3 6) for a total of: (28) (-12 Reinforced Mail=16 Damage)
Failed.
Dillion checked his horsemanship of 14, he rolled 15.
Dillion rolls 1d6 and gets (2) for a total of: (2) (Major Wound=DEX penalty)
Success
Dillion checked his valorous of 15, he rolled 3.

Having shouted "speed!", Dillion is his own best example, holding his sword high, spurring his horse, and launching himself into the charge, racing towards what quickly resolves into a mounted spearman and a mounted horseman. His horse is well in-stride before he notices his charge is less well-supported than he might have wished, and he looks over his shoulder long enough to see that, indeed, the bulk of the avenging force is quite hotly engaged.

But 'c'est la vie', as the disgusting Normans would say. Picking out the man trying to manage a spear on horseback, Dillion bellows. "Bishopstone! Bishopstone for the Earl and Sir Oswallt!" His horse is tiring, the odds appear annoyingly one-sided, but Dillion hasn't felt the kiss of steel yet today and his sword-arm has life yet. He charges, tries to duck beneath the spearman's superior reach, and fails, the spear ducking beneath his shield, biting deep into his arm, drawing a pained bellow and throwing him from his horse, shield bouncing off down the pitch, horse riding off in the opposite direction while his clucking squire goes to fetch it. Dillion's hand clenches his sword, he rolls on the ground, he's not dead yet, but it's adrenalin alone that will allow him to regain his feet before the spearman can finish him.

Success
Tria checked her bow of 15, she rolled 12.
Tria rolls 3d6 and gets (1 3 3) for a total of: (7) (-12 Reinforced Mail=0 Damage)

The lancer has Tria's attention at least, the speed in which he is riding in, she hopes to intercept with a well placed arrow, to even slow him down if she can. Drawing back, she looses the arrow towards the intended target. (the one with the spear)

Sior seems intent on attacking Kamron, sneering at the man's choice of words when he drops the 'Sir' from his title. For all that he cares, he earned his spurs long before Kamron had survived puberty. But his sword does not find purchase against two knights, no matter how skilled he might be. His strike upon Kamron swishes past the man, and he ears an axe blow on his torso for his troubles. He remains steady on the saddle long enough to wheel around and try to fight Trystan, but once again, his sword strikes thin air, rather than the target. Cursing under his breath, he turns his attention back upon Kamron.

Success
Trystan checked his sword of 15, he rolled 12.
Success
Sior checked its sword of 23, it rolled 15. (Skill Split:8=Failure)
Trystan rolls 5d6 and gets (5 4 4 6 1) for a total of: (20) (-12 Reinforced Damage=8 Damage)
Success
Sior checked its horsemanship of 18, it rolled 15.

Failed.
Kamron checked his axe at 15, he rolled 18.
Success
Sior checked its sword of 23, it rolled 14. (Skill Split:15=Success)
Sior rolls 6d6 and gets (1 3 4 1 3 2) for a total of: (14) (-12 Reinforced Mail -3 Chivalrous=0 Damage)
Failed.
Kamron checked his horsemanship at 13, he rolled 17.
Kamron rolls 1d6 and gets (2) for a total of: (2) (-3 Chivalrous=0 Damage)

Kamron seems to have annoyed the rogue knight. It's a talent. The Dinton wheels about with Sir Sior and Sir Trystan, angling for advantage, trading blows to the shield and outright misses. And then the older knight's sword slips through, striking Kamron at just the right angle to send him tumbling from the saddle again. He strikes hard-packed dirt with a clatter of steel on steel, rolling onto his knees and immediately starting to get back up, his shield raised and ready for another attack.

Success
Arian checked her sword of 15, she rolled 10.
Success
Sior makes a check for Cledwyn Sword at 18, it rolled 14.
Sior rolls 5d6 and gets (1 6 6 5 1) for a total of: (19) (-12 Reinforced Mail -6 Shield=1 Damage)
Failed.
Arian checked her horsemanship of 10, she rolled 19.
Arian rolls 1d6 and gets (6) for a total of: (6)

The Laverstock woman does not stay on her horse long as she crosses swords with Cledwyn. For a moment, she seems to be on the verge of striking through the knight's defenses once more, but she provides him instead with a greater opening that rattles her shield and sends her reeling. Blaze tries to stay under her, but the knight loses her saddle once more and this time lands solidly in the ground with a great resonance of pain. She cries out soundly, unable to bite back the noise.

Success
Bradwyn checked his Loyalty (Robert) of 15, he rolled 13.
Critical Success!
Bradwyn checked his sword of 15, he rolled 15. (+10 Passion +5 Mounted=Skill 30:20 Skill, +10 Roll=25 Critical Success)
Success
Sior makes a check for Iorveth Sword at 18, it rolled 5. (-5 Mounted Foe=Success)
Bradwyn rolls 10d6 and gets (3 2 4 2 4 1 6 1 5 1) for a total of: (29) (-12 Reinforced Mail -6 Shield=11 Damage)
Failure.
Sior makes a check for Iorveth Horsemanship at ??, it rolled 11.
Sior rolls 1d6 and gets (3) for a total of: (3)

Bradwyn growls in frustration and gets back to his feet, sword in hand and shouts, "I swore to bring justice to you and in the name of Earl Robert you will face justice!" as the passion for his liege burns within him and as the mounted Iorveth turns to face blades he is taken to the ground in a powerful hit from the six foot knight who shouts, "Yield and face justice for the murder of Sir Hadyn de Tisbury!" demanding a surrender from Iorveth.

Success
Dillion checked his sword of 13, he rolled 6. (-5 Knockdown -5 Mounted Foe=Failure)
Success
Sior makes a check for Ed Spear at 15, it rolled 5.
Sior rolls 4d6 and gets (1 5 4 5) for a total of: (15) (-12 Reinforced Mail=3 Damage)
Success
Dillion checked his dex of 12, he rolled 11.

There is a saying, 'the better part of valor is discretion.' Or will be, but sadly Henry IV, Part 1 won't be written for almost a thousand years and Dillion hasn't heard of it. Instead, bleeding, open-mouthed, torn on the left, he tries to catch the spearman's blow with his sword and turns some of it, staggering back as his rings are again punctured, staggering low, sword almost dragging in the dirt. A light breeze would blow him over now but at least he's given the enemy something else to poke at.

Success
Tria checked her bow of 15, she rolled 13.
Tria rolls 3d6 and gets (1 3 6) for a total of: (10) (-12 Reinforced Mail=0 Damage)

It is indeed a talent, but while Sior has proceeded to attack Kamron more aggressively, catching him on the hip as sword bites into chainmail, he has to contend with an attack by Trystan, who managed to successfully seize the opportunity and score a nasty hit on him. Blood seeps from his wounds, the second knight's attack more than sufficient to break skin and the first one's deep as he blood leaks from it.

Iorveth is successfully throttled from his horse by Bradwyn's passionate attack, collapsing on the floor but raising his shield as he prepares to attack his foe.

Success
Kamron checked his axe at 15, he rolled 7. (-5 Knockdown -5 Mounted Foe +10 Defensive=Success)
Success
Sior checked its sword of 23, it rolled 13. (Skill Split:8 +5 Downed Foe +5 Mounted=Success)
Sior rolls 6d6 and gets (4 1 5 6 6 2) for a total of: (24) (-12 Reinforced Mail -6 Shield -3 Chivalrous=3 Damage)

Kamron gets his shield up in the way of the downward slash from Sior, but it still powers through and parts several rings at his hip. It also sends him to the ground again. Shaking his head to try and clear it, he looks around the fight. It's not going well. And Arian is on the ground again. His heart seizes, and his gaze goes red.

Success
Trystan checked his sword of 15, he rolled 2.
Success
Sior checked its sword of 23, it rolled 14. (Skill Split:15=Success)
Sior rolls 6d6 and gets (3 6 5 5 1 4) for a total of: (24) (-12 Reinforced Mail -6 Shield=6 Damage)
Success
Trystan checked his horsemanship of 12, he rolled 2.

Trystan's luck finally failed him. He'd managed to go this entire engagement without being hit until now. Now he tries to block an incoming slash with his shield, but the blade comes in off of it, sinking in through his armor and scoring against him. His horser rears back and his own slash goes wide. Despite this, he manages to stick to his horse.

Failed.
Arian checked her Loyalty for Lord of 15, she rolled 17.
Success
Arian checked her sword of 15, she rolled 13. (-5 Failed Passion -5 Mounted Foe=Failure)
Failed.
Sior makes a check for Cledwyn Sword at 18, it rolled 19.

Arian has been beaten down more than she can seem to recover. Even while she tries to call upon her loyalty to Earl Robert, her heart is abruptly weighted in her chest and she cannot seem to rally herself against the sword-wielding foe. She tries — and Gods, does she try, but she cannot seem to battle through his defenses. But, by the grace of The Morrigan, she is spared. For now.

Success
Bradwyn checked his sword of 15, he rolled 14. (+10 Passion +5 Mounted=Skill 30:20 Skill, +10 Roll=24 Success)
Failed.
Sior makes a check for Iorveth at 8, it rolled 15.
Bradwyn rolls 5d6 and gets (2 5 1 5 4) for a total of: (17) (-12 Reinforced Mail=5 Damage)
Success
Sior makes a check for Iorveth Dex at 13, it rolled 9.

Bradwyn watches Iorveth stand once more and swing, the tall knight brings his sword down again in another heavy blow, once more drawing blood and shouts down at Iorveth, "Surrender and face justice murderer!"

Success
Dillion checked his sword of 13, he rolled 12. (-5 Knockdown -5 Mounted Foe +10 Defensive=Success)
Failed.
Sior makes a check for Ed Spear at 15, it rolled 17.

Stumbling, bleeding, and in rotten shape, Dillion feels a thump not down the field as his fellow-charger is unhorsed in her turn. Stepping back with half-remembered shards of correct form he swings his sword in a Maltese cross pattern, knocking away the spearthrust of his dangerous adversary. Each moment is a step back, his face is white, but his grip is strong enough for him to at least maintain his hold on his blade, and his feet are steady enough that he is not yet at his adversary's mercy.

Success
Tria checked her loyalty for robert of 15, she rolled 11.
Failed.
Tria checked her bow of 15, she rolled 18. (+10 Passion=Skill 25:20 Skill, +5 Roll=23 Critical Success)
Tria rolls 6d6 and gets (3 4 6 4 2 1) for a total of: (20) (-12 Reinforced Mail=8 Damage)
Failed.
Sior makes a check for Ed Horsemanship at 10, it rolled 16.
Sior rolls 1d6 and gets (2) for a total of: (2)

Success
Kamron checked his amor for Arian at 19, he rolled 4.
Success
Kamron checked his axe at 15, he rolled 3. (-5 Knockdown -5 Mounted Foe +10 Passion +10 Fighting Defensively=Skill 25:20 Skill, +5 Roll=8 Success)
Success
Sior checked its sword of 23, it rolled 9. (Skill Split:5 +5 Downed Foe +5 Mounted +10 Fighting Defensively=Skill 25:20 Skill, +5 Roll=14 Success)

Kamron shoves himself back up to his feet with a snarl, "Finish him, Trystan!" He keeps his shield up, taking another strike from Sior that further shreds the covering of his shield, and then he slams a blow into Sior's shield from his axe as well. "I'll keep him busy, you finish him so I can help Arian." Tsk tsk, there was no 'sir' on either name.

Success
Trystan checked his Love for Family of 15, he rolled 12.
Success
Trystan checked his sword of 15, he rolled 14. (+10 Passion=Skill 25:Skill 20, +5 Roll=19 Success)
Success
Sior checked its sword of 23, it rolled 3. (Skil Split: 18 +10 Fighting Defensively=Skill 28:Skill 20, +8 Roll=11 Success)
Trystan rolls 5d6 and gets (2 6 5 3 3) for a total of: (19)
Success
Sior checked its horsemanship of 18, it rolled 14.

Recovering from the pain of the wound in his side as well as he can, Trystan charges his horse in on Sior again. As he was wheeling his horse around, he see's Arian in dire straits. The image is enough to be the last straw for Trystan. He lets out a battle cry, screaming as his horse charges in, "You will relent, or you will die, murderer!" the love he has for his family pushing him harder than he'd been pushing before. And it pays off and once more his blade finds flesh and bloodies Sior.

Failed.
Arian checked her sword of 15, she rolled 17. (-5 Failed Passion -5 Mounted Foe=Failure)
Success
Sior makes a check for Cledwyn Sword at 18, it rolled 9. (+5 Mounted +10 Defensive=Skill 33:20 Skill +13 Roll=22 Critical Success)

Success
Bradwyn checked his sword of 15, he rolled 13. (+10 Passion=Skill 23:20 Skill +3 Roll=16 Success)
Success
Sior makes a check for Iorveth Sword at 18, it rolled 3.
Bradwyn rolls 5d6 and gets (6 1 4 2 2) for a total of: (15) (-12 Reinforced Mail -6 Shield=0 Dmage)
Failed.
Sior checked its Iorveth Dex=13 of , it rolled 6.

Bradwyn watches as Iorveth continues to fight on and swings once more, another hard blow, but not as hard as others as he roars, "Surrender murderer!" perhaps one of these blows will knock some sense into Iorveth.

Failed.
Dillion checked his loyalty for Robert of 15, he rolled 17.
Failed.
Dillion checked his sword of 13, he rolled 19. (-5 Failed Passion -5 Mounted Foe +10 Fighting Defensively=Failure)
Failed.
Sior makes a check for Ed Spear at 10, it rolled 11.

Dillion grits his teeth, looks at the stumbling pride of Salisbury knighthood, looks into his heart, and finds that it's lost a lot of blood. What might have been a move forward turns into another step back, his sword-guard awkward, faltering, but quite inadvertantly he seems to have feinted his enemy with his indecision, and the spear darts past both Dillion's guard and Dillion himself. He stumbles away, an inch from death, yet the Lord preserves him still, if only as a deteriorating punching bag.

Failed.
Sior checked its prudent of 10, it rolled 15.
Critical Fail!
Sior checked its reckless of 10, it rolled 20.

The fight is desperate, with the knights of Salisbury engaging, time and again, superior knights. Knights that shouldn't be fighting them, were it not for an accident of circumstance and the insanity of their mentor. Nevertheless, Iorveth is close to death, he knows it, but he laughs, not heeding Bradwyn's call, still weakly trying to provide opposition to the man.

Sior's fight is just as desperate, struck again, the odds of his survival are rather minimal if he does not run away. Nevertheless, he fights defensively, trying to fend off the attacks of his aggressors who, without a doubt, will pursue him.

Cledwyn brings his shield up as Arian persists in her attacks, stepping back in withdrawal.

Success
Tria checked her bow of 15, she rolled 8. (+10 Passion=Success)
Tria rolls 3d6 and gets (6 4 5) for a total of: (15) (-12 Reinforced Mail=3 Damage)

Failed.
Kamron checked his axe at 15, he rolled 18. (+10 Passion=Skill 25:20 Skill, +5 Roll=23 Critical Success)
Critical Fail!
Sior makes a check for Cledwyn vs Kamron at 9, it rolled 20.
Kamron rolls 8d6 and gets (5 5 6 5 6 4 3 6) for a total of: (40) (-12 Reinforced Mail=28 Damage)

Kamron hefts his axe as Sior goes down with an arrow through him, but he has more important things to kill. Planting a foot in the ground, he turns to run to where Sir Arian is getting battered. Four steps across the dirt, he has to skid to a halt as there is a horse in front of him, Newt dragging the aging charger back in front of his knight. Kam snarls wordlessly, hauls himself into the saddle, then nods a little sheepishly at his squire before he spurs the horse toward Cledwyn. Another rake of his spurs, and the graying horse leaps over Arian's recumbent form, the axe sweeping under, and back up, catching under the rogue knight's jaw. It tears out the man's throat, pulls out his jaw, and snaps his head back in a welter of blood.

Success
Trystan checked his sword of 15, he rolled 2.
Critical Success!
Sior makes a check for Ed Spear at 15, it rolled 15.
Sior rolls 8d6 and gets (2 2 2 2 4 2 2 1) for a total of: (17) (-12 Reinforced Mail -6 Shield=0 Damage)
Success
Trystan checked his horsemanship of 12, he rolled 2.

As Sior is felled by an arrow, Trystan once more finds glory stolen from his grasp. Damn. He kicks his horse into gear, charging off towards Arian, but he sees that Kamron is already going to Arian's aid. He turns his horse a bit instead, charging at Ed to spare Dillion. He takes a quick slash at the man, but instead of inflicting any damage on the man, he is met with a spear to the chest. He manages to interdict his shield at the last moment, shifting the spears tip off his person. He'll be bruised, but not impaled.

Failed.
Bradwyn checked his sword of 15, he rolled 18. (+10 Passion=Skill 25:20 Skill, +5 Roll=23 Critical Success)
Success
Sior makes a check for Iorveth Sword at 18, it rolled 5.
Bradwyn rolls 10d6 and gets (4 5 5 4 1 2 4 4 5 5) for a total of: (39) (-12 Reinforced Mail=27 Damage)

Bradwyn is tired of this unrepentant fool. If he seeks death he'll have it. Iorveth can look down as his defense is broken with ease and a sword plunges through her heart, a twist to repeat what was done to Hadyn, from what he was told. Then Iorveth's blood pouring fro his chest is the last sight as Bradwyn turns around and a blade passes through his neck leaving body and head to fall separately as the tall knight looks over those left to determine who best to assist.

Success
Dillion checked his sword of 13, he rolled 3. (-5 Failed Passion=Success)
Dillion rolls 4d6 and gets (6 2 5 2) for a total of: (15)
Failed.
Sior checked its Ed Dex of 11, it rolled 19.

In Dillion's state, a lot happens in a very short instant. A horse thunders past him, a knight riding - to his aid, presumably, for that nasty spearman lands a skilled blow; that, at least, gives Dillion time to lope forward, giving a yell of defiance, sword forward. He's badly wounded, and his mind is rattled. His strike has more guts than skill. But, sometimes, guts is enough, and even if he catches the spearman with his sword's edge rather than swinging it through him properly, Dillion throws his body into it, knocking the spearman off his feet and staggering on for several strides. He pants, turns to address, and through the fading corners of his vision sees, where so many of the enemy used to be, heaps of ichor. He can actually smile, for the first time in quite a while.

Arian gasps in surprise as a horse leaps over her, and she immediately draws her arm up as if to protect herself out of instinct. It is only when she realizes that it is Kamron does she relax a bit. She uses the opportunity to draw herself to her feet — a slow and sluggish movement that causes her entire body to scream in pain, though she merely intakes a hard, shuddering gasp. She balances her sword once more, turning her eyes toward Kamron when he has send Cledwyn to the ground in a bloodied heap.

<OOC> Sior checks Ed's valorous.
Sior rolls 1d20 and gets (15) for a total of: (15)

Kamron shifts his axe into his left hand with his shield, leaning down out of the saddle to offer a hand down to Arian, "Are you alright?" He bites back a use of her diminutive, here in the middle of the battlefield, and the concern writ bold across his face hidden by his heavy bucket helm. It's not entirely romantic, not with a fine red mist across his armor and surcoat… or maybe it is, one never knows with these Pagan lady knights.

Failed.
Trystan checked his Sword of 15, he rolled 16. (+10 Passion=Skill 25: 20 Skill, +5 Roll=21 Critical Success)
Failed.
Sior makes a check for Ed vs Trystan at 6, it rolled 12.
Trystan rolls 10d6 and gets (6 4 6 6 4 5 6 5 1 5) for a total of: (48) (-12 Reinforced Mail=36 Damage)

Having taken the few seconds he could to recover from the spear that nearly impaled him, Trystan wheels his horse around and comes back in for one more charge at Ed. He parry's the brigands spear up and away and then hacks his sword into the side of Ed's neck. The blow doesn't completely sever Ed's head, but it hacks through three quarters of the neck killing Ed. As Ed's body falls from his horse, Trystan pulls his to a halt, looking to Dillion, "You alright?" he calls down, not knowing the man by name just yet.

Arian is almost to her feet when she takes the outstretched hand from the knight. She does not let her hand linger with his long, dropping away with a touch of demure — or perhaps sorrow. "I'm alright," she says in a tight voice. She turns her gaze away, looking out across the remains of the battlefield with its fallen knights. She limps slightly as she starts to step away, searching for her horse.

Success
Dillion checked his Pious of 16, he rolled 10.

Dillion rounds, stumbles on the grass, in the dew and the blood, goes to charge at the spearman, and arrives almost in time to see him get a-head in the race to Hell. He staggers, stops. He must hear Trystan's question, and with his left arm hanging limp, blood pouring out of him, face almost as grey as the men who are -actually- dead, he very clearly is not even remotely all right. However, in his lightheaded uselessness, he does not respond to the other knight, instead dropping to his knee and planting the tip of his sword into the ground, as a cross.

"Oh Lord," Dillion mutters through dry lips, "I thank thee for thy grace in this victory over the devil's miscreants, for your good offices that saw through the faithful, for…" his voice drifts off into inchoate, almost unconscious mumbling.

Winterslow has been stained by blood today. Not just that of Salisbury knights, but also of the miscreants.

Sior is unconscious, and captured, thus able to be sent to the Earl's good justice.

The others do not fare so well: the bodies lie on the floor, one decapitated, the others brutally mangled, the ground slick with lifesblood.

Bradwyn secures Sior's body, his horse, and Iorveth's head. Sior's body added to the other prisoners, the head tucked away into a bit of sack cloth so evidence of his fate can be provided as well. When healing is provided to others more injured, Bradwyn assists the squires securing other proofs of fates before moving to wait for his turn at healing.

Trystan will make sure Dillion sees to getting some treatment. He's lost a lot of blood. In the end, Trystan only needed some milden bandaging to staunch the bleeding. He'll help with rounding up the bodies and heads and when the time comes he will start his journey away from this place.

Kamron frowns within his helmet at Arian's reaction… or lack of reaction. He turns his head over Trystan, then simply nods, "Good." And then he's straightening up, looking around the field. Trystan seems to be handling Dillion, so Kamron urges his horse toward Bradwyn, "Neatly done with Iorveth." Hefting his axe a little, he eyes the downed Sior, then slips the weapon into the loop at his belt, pulling off his helmet to whistle for the squires and beckon them over to tie him up. Newt, having delivered Kam's horse, goes riding off to find Blaze for Arian.

<OOC> Sior says, "Can you guys give me a tally of your CHP?"
<OOC> Arian says, "10 left."
<OOC> Dillion says, "7/26."
<OOC> Kamron says, "19 left of 24."
<OOC> Trystan says, "19/25"
<OOC> Bradwyn says, "well 19/33"
<OOC> Bradwyn says, "ior head, sior prisoner, 2 lackey prisoners, and 4 lackey heads to deliver."
<OOC> Sior says, "And for Dillion"
Success
Sior makes a check for Winterslow Daughter's FirstAid at 18, it rolled 12.
Success
Sior makes a check for Winterslow Daughter's FirstAid at 18, it rolled 10.
Success
Sior makes a check for Winterslow Daughter's FirstAid at 18, it rolled 7.
Success
Sior makes a check for Winterslow Daughter's FirstAid at 18, it rolled 11.
Success
Sior makes a check for Winterslow Daughter's FirstAid at 18, it rolled 6.
Success
Sior makes a check for Winterslow Daughter's FirstAid at 18, it rolled 5.
<OOC> Sior says, "And for Dillion"
Critical Success!
Sior makes a check for Winterslow Daughter's Chirurgery at 15, it rolled 15.
Sior rolls 1d3 and gets (1) for a total of: (1)
Sior rolls 1d3 and gets (2) for a total of: (2)
Sior rolls 1d3 and gets (3) for a total of: (3)
Sior rolls 1d3 and gets (2) for a total of: (2)
Sior rolls 1d3 and gets (3) for a total of: (3)
Sior rolls 1d3 and gets (1) for a total of: (1)
<OOC> Sior says, "Now rolling again because Kam got hurt too."
Success
Sior makes a check for Winterslow Daughter's Healing at 18, it rolled 10.
Critical Success!
Sior makes a check for Winterslow Daughter's Healing at 18, it rolled 18.
Sior rolls 1d3 and gets (1) for a total of: (1)
Sior rolls 1d3+3 and gets (1) for a total of: (4)
Critical Success!
Sior makes a check for Winterslow Daughter's Healing at 18, it rolled 18.
Sior rolls 1d3+3 and gets (3) for a total of: (6)

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License